Thursday, October 30, 2008

From The Horse's Mouth: Wednesday, Oct. 29

Joshua tried to slam the door in my face. He pulled the door open in anger and demanded I explain myself immediately. I fumbled over my words, trying to be kind, while explaining that I was not selling anything. Finally he exclaimed, "What could be so important that you need to interrupt me during Barack Obama's infomercial!" I took a quick sigh of relief and smiled and said, "I'm with Obama's campaign." He smiled and apologized and I handed him the literature and let him get back to his show.

At around 9:00pm I began heading to the pick up spot and a black car began following me down the street. I immediately pulled out my cell phone, found my mom's number, and kept my finger on the send button. The car pulled into the driveway before me and blocked my path. Joshua jumped out of the car with more apologies flowing from his mouth. He offered to canvas with me until I was done, and if that creeped me out he said he would just drive along behind me just to make sure I was safe. I told him I was finished canvassing for the night and thanked him for the offer. We got to chatting and it turns out he is a musician and one of his songs is going to be in Michael Moore's new film! After we said goodbye, sorry, and thank you one last time I resumed my trek to the van, and as I was walking I realized that I had been at his door two hours ago and he may have been looking for me all that time just to say sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment