Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Awkward Waltz

Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend Lisa. We walked to this generic lunch spot that actually has good salads and lentil dishes that I get mostly every day. I held the door for her, and as I did, this short, rotund, black Time Warner Cable lady approached standing in the opposite direction. So there I am, standing there, holding the door for her as well. I was like "After you..." She replied "Oh no honey, you go in..." At that point, I was a little confused, just like when you get in someone's way on the street and do the awkward back and forth dance until you both decide on a separate side to let the other pass. So still I stood there, stupid wide grin on my face, holding the door. "Please, I insist..." The woman looked at me and said, "Listen handsome, I don't know what you're looking at, but you're the one who's eating..."

Turns out, she wasn't even going inside, she was just walking down the street, and I was actually blocking her path by holding the door open. Just trying to be polite!!!

- By PP. -

No comments:

Post a Comment